Pages

Wednesday 4 August 2021

Mudrun !

Just yesterday most of my classmates and I experienced something both dreadful and exciting. An hour drive is what it took to get to our destination, Helensville, Tennis Courts. The purpose of this trip was unknown, all I knew was the teachers who accompanied us wanted us to let loose and most of all have fun! Skipping the long ride, this is how it all started. 

As we arrived at our destination we got changed into the appropriate clothes for this event, got registered and made our way into the Tennis Courts. While we were waiting for the deadline, 10am we prepared ourselves and warmed up. As it was almost time the mud run got delayed for 10 min's for we had to wait for another school to arrive. In those 10min's we gathered, sang & boogied to the music they turned up. 

The final school arrived and the music dimmed down, it was time! As we lined up behind the start line I found myself timid, tense as the people up ahead started running the track. Before it all got down to this Victoria F, Pitara & I vowed that we'd stay together and help each other in need, which calmed me down knowing I  wouldn't be alone. 

The mud run commenced and as we vowed we all stuck together! Many slips & many falls later I glanced behind me and I found ourselves coming last, we didn't mind, we just wanted to get this run over and done with. I could almost smell the showers close by, finally we finished the event! 

Long story short, never again!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Unita, this is an amazing story its packed with so much information. I enjoyed the race did you? anyways good job.

    Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Uinita, I really like this summery about your going to the Mud Run because it is full of information. I really enjoyed reading it and also running with you. You were very funny because you kept slipping.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uinita,
    I would like to say that your reflection about mudrun was amazing, your writing really hook up the reader making them wanting to read more. You did a spectacular job keep it up!!! And also how many people did you help?? and how did you feel after you help them??

    kind regards,
    Fine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Uinita, Once again its me Tasmah. I just wanted to say, I'm astounded by the amount of excitement you had during your trip! Though you mentioned you didn't have much fun, do you at least have a personal highlight you had while you were with your friend's and classmates?

    Tasmah.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.