Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2021

SLJ Week 5 Day 4 - Camping Hacks

A list of things you could take on your excursion / camping this summer.


Shelter & Bed Supplies:

  • Tent 

  • Tarp  *in case of rain/hail during the day/night*

  • Groundsheet

  • Sleeping Bag

  • Blanket

  • Pillow


Protection & Self Care:

  • Sunscreen

  • Flashlight/Torch

  • Mosquito Repellent/Bug Spray

  • First Aid Kit

  • Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Floss

  • Hat (preferably a bucket hat)


Furniture:

  • Fold able Chair

  • Mini Table


Necessities:

  • Pocket Knife *in case of emergencies or problems* (only bring out and use if necessary)

  • Rubbish Bags

  • Matches

  • Suitable Shoes/Boots

  • 1L / 2L Of Water


Food Is Up To You, But Reduce Bringing Plastic

*Take Care Of Mother Nature.




Buy 1-2 Person Instant Dome Camping Tent with 3 Windows at Mighty Ape NZ


3 comments:

  1. Hey Unitia,

    Great work making this camping checklist, there's lots of great inclusions on this list that people might easily forget, Rubbish bags, pocket knife, first aid kit to name a few.

    I love the included line about food, take what is necessary but think about the packaging and rubbish you leave behind. Another tip is if you're going to walk a long distance or hike with all your kit, you can reduce the weight you have to carry by transferring canned food into zip-lock bags and you can prick a hole into packaging that has a lot of excess air (like chips) to take up less space in your bags.

    Nice work Uinita,
    See you later in the comments,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Uinita,
    Kiana-Marino here from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Tauke e hoa! Awesome work putting together this checklist my friend, i can see you have put a lot of thought into your checklist.
    I like how you have added in the note that says (take care of mother nature) one way I do this i sby making sure that when I leave my camping site I leave it in a better place the way I found it, by picking up any rubbish and taking care of the grounds.

    Have you done any camping over these summer holidays?
    I look forward to your response, keep up the awesome blogging e hoa!

    Mā te wā,
    Kiana-Marino (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Kiana-Marino,

      Thanks for commenting! I also would pick up rubbish left lying around to also leave the place looking better the way I found it.

      No, I haven't gone camping over the summer holidays. Especially because we don't have the equipment eg. a tent and all those listed in my post. But I would love to if I had the chance.

      Have you gone camping over the summer holidays or have you done anything fun?, I'd love to hear about it !

      Uinita.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.